Thursday, June 21, 2012

BRAIN RECYCLE

My nine-year-old sidekick and I hit up the local recycle center this afternoon to deposit a few items from the library. When she got to the "MAGAZINES ONLY" bin, she flipped out.

"Nancy, come here and take a look!" she said with disgust, as she tossed in a National Geographic.  

I braced myself for the worst and took a peek into the bin.

"Good grief!  Sonic remains and gift wrapping paper?  What's with these people?"

I've gritched about this before.  Can people not read bold print?  Are they stupid or just lazy or both?  

I think the recycle center needs to hire a trash bin security officer who will arrest all the dimwits using this facility. Or maybe the city could issue dumping permits only to those who can pass a basic sign reading test. This problem has got to be absolutely maddening for those people who have to sort the recyclables.  I'm afraid if this blatant disregard for the rules keeps up, we'll lose the recycling center altogether.

If I had my way, I'd toss all the violators into a special bin marked: DUMB ASSES ONLY.  Then I'd lock the latch and walk away with a look of sweet satisfaction on my face.  

The Flaming Bore has spoken.  Follow the directions or get lost!!


No comments: