Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NIGHT CRAWLERS

The neighbor kids couldn't wait to get into their Halloween costumes and came over to Casa de la Flaming Bore last night.

"You're too early!" I moaned. "I won't have any candy until tomorrow!"

"We know," said Sweet Neighbor Girl, looking ravishing in her Cleopatra get-up. "We're not trick-or-treating yet. We're filming a horror movie!"

She had a hand-held gizmo of some sort.  I don't know if it was a cell phone/camera or what, but it was taping away, and lurking around the corner of the porch was her little brother in the creepiest clown costume you'd ever hope to see.  

"Act like you're scared," Cleopatra commanded. "3-2-1-and roll!" What a pro--and only 9 years old.

The clown creature lurched forward towards me as I feigned fear and terror of the highest order. "No!  No!  Please!  Leave me alone!" I screamed. But the evil clown would not be deterred. He was ready to attack....

"And.....cut!"  SNG directed.  "That was ridonkulous!"  She played it back so I could view my dramatic debut in her horror flick. With any luck, it wasn't featured for show and tell at 4th grade today and will soon be accidentally/on purpose taped over.

The kids were back over tonight for their treats, along with the rest of the neighborhood.  Thankfully, we didn't have any leftovers. The only thing scarier than having a clown maniac and his acting coach living next door is having a boat load of candy around the house tempting me on November 1st.  


1 comment:

Sarah said...

You have the cutest neighbors! Enjoyed your pics on facebook.