Monday, October 1, 2012

SIGNS THAT HALLOWEEN IS APPROACHING



October 1st has arrived, and a few monsters I know are getting psyched up for Halloween, even though they have 30 more days to wait for tricking and treating.

Big Bore has already bought a boat-load of candy and sacked it up in baggies...filled with tootsie rolls, smarties, milk duds, kit kat bars, eyeball gum, etc. I begged him to hide it all from me, which he did, except for a few leftovers to tempt me with.  Sorry to admit, I've already busted into them.

Trouble #1 came over yesterday with a big plastic bag in hand bearing his new Halloween costume:  Carver the Clown. It looks to be like some maniacal escapee from the Insane Clown Posse (ICP to those devotees).  "I got to pick it out all by myself!" Whatever happened to a kid wanting to be a super hero for Halloween? 

My fun niece-in-law Mary is the Queen of Halloween in our family. She's creative and crazy with decorating ideas. Based on the picture above that she put on Facebook last night, I'd say she's off to a great start.  By the 31st, her house should be a total fright.

Guess I'll go drag out my witch tee-shirt from the closet and start practicing my cackle......




No comments: