Sunday, September 30, 2012

FIXING A BOO BOO


Big Bore and I try to make it a practice to share the TV remote control as much as is humanly possible. If one of us has been "master" for a few hours, we'll turn it over to the other for equal time. 

"Your can pick whatever you want," he said tonight and then added, "as long as it isn't Honey Boo Boo,"  the star of TLC's latest hit reality show. It's not that he's so adverse to 7-year-old Alana Thompson; it's her goofy, sneezy, mother June who irritates him to no end.

"Don't worry. Her show isn't on. And, anyway, I watched it Wednesday night when you were asleep."

"Good. I can't STAND that show," he said.

"Oh, I think Honey Boo Boo is cute and funny!" I said in her defense.

"Well, her mother ISN'T!"

Hard to argue with that, so the conversation ended and I picked out a football game to watch.

BUT--that was not the end of Honey Boo Boo for the day. Later, when I was on the computer, I removed the screen saver picture of Big Bore and me at Glacier National Park and replaced it with, who else, Honey Boo Boo!!! (above picture all blown up).  The next time BB got on the computer, would he be surprised!

And he was.

"Good lord!  What's happened to the screen saver?" he roared.

I walked into the computer room nonchalantly. "Oh, I thought since you're such a big Honey Boo Boo fan that you might want to see her every time you get on the computer."

He started protesting until I gave him the option:  "Or I could put her mom's picture on the screen saver."

That shut him up and he went on to play a game of Texas Hold 'Em while I went back to the TV.  Soon, however, he was summoning me back to the computer room.

"You need to come look at this message that just popped up on the screen," he said.

"Panda Permanent Protection Has Stopped." 

Yikes!  The anti-virus icon had disappeared! What would I do? Quickly, I got on the Internet and found a possible solution.  Fortunately, I was able to get Panda re-installed without too much trouble and then told Big Bore the protection was up and running again.

"You know what caused it to act up?" he asked.

"No. I've never seen that message before."

"Well, I think it's the Curse of Honey Boo Boo.  Having her as the screen saver is a jinx."

"Maybe you're right. I'll change it back to Glacier National Park."

And that's what I did. And that's what remains. BUT--after he went to bed, I printed up a picture of Mama June and taped it to the coffee pot, so he'll have a nice surprise when he wakes up in the morning. I can't wait......


No comments: