Saturday, September 15, 2012

GLACIER NATIONAL PARK


Well, after travelling 3,573 miles in 12 days, the merry vacationers are back home. Bags are unpacked.  Laundry is done. Time to post a few pictures from the trip. The above pic is from the Hidden Lake overlook at Logan's Pass on the Continental Divide, Going to the Sun Road at Glacier National Park in northwest Montana.

This is my second visit to Glacier.  The first time I was three-years-old, and I have no recollection of it--just a few pictures verifying I was there.  Big Bore suggested I strip down to my panties to recreate the picture of me wading at Lake McDonald in 1952.  I decided it might me safer for everyone concerned if I just stay dressed.



Our favorite hike at Glacier was to St. Mary and Virginia Falls. Here are some pictures from that beautiful day in the forest.




This last picture was in a windy, cold area that was sort of tucked away from the main trail.  I'm about ready to blow away.

Tomorrow:  Hiking the Highline Trail

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks so beautiful!!! Love the shot of you in your undies.