Saturday, September 1, 2012

READY TO ROLL

Big Bore has been operating in overdrive today getting ready to head out for Montana tomorrow. He is a master of list making and packing.  I'm just sort of going along for the ride, pretending to be the navigator. He claims we're leaving at 4 AM sharp.  I claim he's dreaming if he thinks I'm going to be ready to go at that time, in view of the fact that I usually never go to bed before 1 AM.  

"Just stay up a few more hours and you can sleep on the way," he's suggested.  That might not be a bad idea.

I'm trying to be a minimalist and cockeyed optimist with the vacation wardrobe this time around. I think my bag of books to read along the way weighs more than my suitcase. I've probably forgotten to pack something that I will later come to regret, but as long as I have a credit card and Tegretol, I'll be fine.  Oh, and the camera. And my glasses. Everything else is replaceable. Even the well-worn Atlas book of road maps.  

Time to go shave my legs, clean out the cat litter boxes, and get ready to hit the road.  T minus 12 hours and counting.......