Wednesday, August 29, 2012

PACKING IT UP

At long last!  Blast off for our trip to Glacier National Park is just four days away.  Big Bore, Mr. Organization, has had his bags packed for several days now. I'm just getting started--with under clothes. Earlier today I put out an APB for my favorite sports bra, missing in action.  Where in the heck can a bra get lost in this little house? I wasn't going to pack anything else until I found it.  

I poked around in every drawer, looked behind the washer and dryer, even dug into the black hole of the bedroom closet. Nothing. Big Bore suggested I look underneath the bed and inside the washer, which is almost filled to the gills with dirty clothes.  Good ideas, but I still came up empty.

Then it dawned on me to check all the door knobs, because when I was a kid I was notorious for slinging just about every piece of clothing I owned onto my bedroom doorknob.  It became sort of a contest to see how much crap I could balance on the knob before my roommate, Big Sis, went totally ballistic:  "Mother!!!  Make her hang up her clothes!!!"

And that's where I found my favorite sports bra--behind the French door to the walk-in closet, wrapped around the knob.  Hooray!  Now I can proceed with the rest of my packing.  Hopefully nothing else on my mental list will elude me and I'll be able to get my suitcase zipped. Packing for a trip is half the fun.


No comments: