Wednesday, August 8, 2012

SHOW AND TELL

School starts in just six days in our little burg, and Sweet Neighbor Girl has made sure that we old folks at Casa de la Flaming Bore get to have viewing privileges of all her finest back-to-school purchases.  This includes a stylin' pink, black, and gray checked book bag, jammed with nine pounds of required supplies ("I don't know what the heck this box of plastic bags is for.") and the "Ten for $10.00" special at Claire's Boutique. The dangling peacock feather earrings and matching necklace are faves.

Yesterday's bit of show and tell was a set of fake fingernails...French-tip manicure, of course. Hopefully they will stay on at least through the first recess.  ("I have a back-up set, just in case.")  --We haven't yet seen the sneak preview of the ensemble SNG will be wearing on the first day of school, but I'm sure a Project Runway fashion show will be on the agenda before long.  She is a quick-change artist of the highest degree.  (Big Bore to SNG:  "That's the fourth outfit you've had on today!!")

I'm glad I'm not a mama with school-aged kids. My checkbook and patience would never survive.






No comments: