Sunday, August 5, 2012

CELEBRATION


We went to Pittsburg today to celebrate great neph William's 3rd birthday, even though he insists he's 5.  It finally dawned on us big folks that he has come to this conclusion since his birthday is on the 5th of the month. Big Bore and I gave him what every little wild child needs....a gift card to Chuck E. Cheese.  

After the cake and ice cream, 6-year-old Boomer got on the lap top computer and presented some sort of virtual travel escapade of their recent family trip to Disney World.  Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, we did it all, raising our hands and pretending we were riding roller coasters and log flumes.  "Welcome aboard!  You MAY get wet!" Boomer warned me.  His dad said he could have saved a whole heckva lot of money if they'd just stayed home and gotten on YouTube.
After the ice cream and cake had time to settle, we jumped in the pool. Maddie and Boomer did crazy leaps from the diving board; he scared the liver out of me the first time he did a forward flip.  The kid is fearless,while Will stayed on the deck and was content to walk through his new Sponge Bob Square Pants sprinkler.  I spent most of my water time lollygaggling on a noodle float and trying to avoid Maddie pouring ice cold water on top of my head....again and again.

By the time we got out of the pool, I felt like a nice, long nap was in order...but we had to boogie on home.  Thankfully, Big Bore handled the driving duties because I was all partied out.  Maddie has the next birthday...but it's not until October, so I should be rested up by then.  


No comments: