Monday, November 2, 2009

MONDAY MUSINGS


My favorite Techno Wizard has my ailing computer fixed and ready to pick up later today when his store opens. Seems I fell for a bogus but official looking screen message about my computer having some viruses, but it didn't UNTIL I naively clicked "fix it." I think he called it I-BOT, as in I BOUGHT the stupid line.

I buzzed up to Emporia yesterday to treat G-Ma Pam to a yummy Blondie dessert at Applebee's for her upcoming birthday. Aaaaaah! So delicious! So decadent! So filled with sugary calories! None of which we left on our plates. I've known Pam since junior high days. Her claim to fame was that she turned 18 before anyone else in our class. The elder stateswoman. Ironically, she ended up being a kindergarten teacher and she looks and acts just like she's 5 years old. She's amazing!

Big Bore and I are headed down to Central Arkansas tomorrow for a few days of R & R in the Ozark National Forest. We've never been to the spot where we're going, Petit Jean State Park, but the pictures of it on the Internet look cool and we'll be staying in a lodge, not a tent!

Until Friday, this is The Flaming Bore, happy about soon being reunited with her computer and ready to to hit the road tomorrow. Over and out.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Can wait to see pics from your latest venture!! Sounds fun!