Monday, October 25, 2010

HORRORS

I’m getting all psyched up for tomorrow’s special episode of “Glee.” The gang will be presenting the musical, Rocky Horror Picture Show. Of course. Doesn’t every high school do that one?

I’ve been a RHPS fan ever since hyper-innocent Brad and Janet entered Transylvania, about 35 years ago, and have been a card-carrying member of The Official Rocky Horror Fan Club for almost as long. I’ve seen it at movie theatres, on TV (not as much fun), and live (the absolute best!) I don’t pretend to know the entire dialogue like some crazed Rocky Horror experts, nor do I understand half of what's going on, but I can do a pretty mean “Time Warp.”

If I were to perform in a production of RHPS, I would want to be one of Dr. Frank-n-Furter’s lady friends--Magenta the maid or Columbia the groupie. There is something soooooo stylish about tap dancing in high heels and anklets. But since it’s unlikely that try-outs will be coming to Eureka any time soon, I’ll probably just join the Gleeks tomorrow night and shake up the living room for an hour---jumping to my left, stepping to my right, hands on my hips, doing that Time Warp again. Big Bore has been warned about the picture. I’m going to put on one rocking horrible show.
 
 

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

we actually had a professor in med school who loved Rocky Horror, and at the end of the yr, we pulled off a special version of it in the lecture hall. it was a hoot.

Nancy Evans said...

I think you'd make a great Magenta or Columbia, too. We could be a team!