Sunday, October 24, 2010

OH, NO! O, MO!

FOOTBALL FEVER

Last night I was fiddling with the TV remote, trying to find something worthy of my viewing time, when I landed on ABC's football game of the century--Oklahoma versus Missouri. Aaaaggghhhh!!! Now there are well over 100 Division-1 colleges in the NCAA with football teams, and I just happen to hit up my TWO MOST DISLIKED schools! Who the heck was I gonna root, root, root for? Would it be No. 3 in the nation Oklahoma with its incessant "Boomer Sooner" song that drives me totally bonkers, or No. 18 Evil Mizzou, the historical pain in the ass of all fine Kansans everywhere?

Both teams entered the contest with perfect records. The game was being played in Columbia, MO, which meant I would not be subjected to three hours of constant "Boomer Sooner"-ing. The score was tight when I tuned in. Maybe I should stay right here and see how it all played out. Would the underdog win in front of the home crowd, or would Oklahoma push its way to No. 1 in the standings? Oh, the drama. I'm on the edge of my flabby seat in nervous anticipation---NOT!! I switched channels faster than a dog scratches fleas. The Bore household would NEVER be so crazy as to watch Oklahoma and Missouri play ANYTHING! Not even a round of tiddlywinks.

By the way, did I mention that KU's basketball season starts Nov. 2nd?

No comments: