Thursday, December 2, 2010

AN "AAAAHHHH!!!" MOMENT


Casa de la Flaming Bore has only one window with a western exposure, and when I went to close its blinds late yesterday afternoon, I screeched, "I gotta get my camera! Fast!" The sunset was ablaze.

When I was a kid, such Decemeber sunsets evoked a similar emotion from Mama Bore. "Mrs. Santa Claus is baking cookies for Christmas," she'd say about the red western sky, and, of course, I believed her and was certain I'd be one of the lucky recipients.

There is so much beauty in the world. Even out my front door.

3 comments:

momrdr said...

Yes, it was beautiful! Bill and I enjoyed it from our windows too.

Sarah said...

Very nice shot!!!! I love sun sets and rises. They are always different and always beautiful.

Johnnie said...

Incredible shot.