Thursday, December 30, 2010

CATCHING UP

Since my ailing PC was in the shop for much of December, I didn't get to download any of the digital pictures I took during that time. Now that all systems are up and running, I'm going to belatedly show some of them today. Above is the winter solstice lunar eclipse of December 21st. Not exactly like what I was hoping for, but at least you can see the shadow. I will be 145-years old when the next one of these appears.

Our Christmas "tree."

We brought home a bag of big pine cones from our Colorado trip in October, and I stuck some of them in a wreath. These are home-grown Estes Park cones.

I finally learned how to make a wreath bow, but it wasn't from the E-Z Bow Maker I purchased for $9.99 (see Dec. 3 entry). We were driving by the local greenhouse a few days after my dilemma began, and the sign out front read, "Stop in any time and learn to make bows." Hallelujah! A message from heaven! I bopped on in and learned to make bows by my own handy-dandy hands! Here's my very first one. So much for the E-Z Bow Maker. For sale. Cheap.









No comments: