Monday, December 13, 2010

A CASE OF MENTAL TELEPATHY

"Oooohhh!! Guess who's going to be hosting Saturday Night Live next weekend?" I asked Big Bore yesterday while scanning through the TV section of the Sunday newspaper. "One of my favorites!"

"Kendra," he answered, uninterested, his own nose stuck into whatever part of the newspaper he was reading.

"Kendra?" Why would you say Kendra? I don't even watch Kendra!" I was stunned.

"Okay," he said, still uninterested. "Kathy Griffin."

"No. But that's a better guess. At least I watch her show. Come on. Who do I REALLY, REALLY like?"

"TyRee." (This is Big Bore's nickname for KU basketball player Tyrell Reed, whose dad is an old teaching friend of mine.)

"You know Tyrell is NOT going to be hosting Saturday Night Live. Geez. Who am I just CRAZY about? And you like him, too," I said, giving a little hint.

"Santa Claus."

"NO!!!!!!!!" I was beginning to get exasperated.

"Hugh Hefner. Brad Pitts."

"It's Pitt," I corrected. "And, NO to both, but you're getting closer. We both think this guy is a great actor and we hope to see him at the movies soon." Good lord. Was I going to have to spell it out for him?"

"Oh, well, why didn't you say that in the first place? Jeff Bridges," he said and went on reading.

"YES!!! Hooray!!! You are a genius!!

I guess I'm going to have to stop playing guessing games with him before I lose my mind.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

funny, i guessed it early on in your blog. (it was either Jeff Bridges or Pete LaCock)

Nancy Evans said...

I don't think Big Bore is aware of my Pete LaCock crush!! Let's see...how old was I? Late 20's?