Thursday, September 24, 2009

TOP CAT

Yesterday two guys came to the house to install the new blue floor tile in my new blue and white kitchen. My important job was to make sure the cats stayed out of their way. I figured this would be easy--the noise would keep them on the back porch and, although we have a cat door from there to the kitchen, I was certain they would stay put with their food and litter boxes. Wrong.

The first freaked-out escapee was Little Bit, but he just zipped to the walk-in closet to hide, so that was no problem.

Next up, Muffin ran through the kitchen and out the front door when one of the guys was leaving. She didn’t quite know what to do once she made it outside, however, so she was easy to catch, and I then locked her in the bathroom and kept my fingers crossed that she wouldn't leave any of her special Muffin Messes.

Then, Critter came through the pet door and dashed into the bedroom. Quick, shut the door!

That left Fluffy the only cat remaining in the back porch. Dear, sweet, half-blind, scared-of-everything Fluffy.

“You’re going to have to make sure no more cats come through the kitchen for the next 30 minutes or they’re going to get their feet all sticky, and it’s hard to get off,” one of the flooring guys said.

“It’s under control,” I said, my fingers crossed. Three were shut away and Fluffy would absolutely NOT come through that pet door. I guaranteed it.

And, bless her heart, she stayed put. At least we have one child who behaves herself and does what she’s told. The other three--incorrigible.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a mad house. ha ha. silly kittys won't be getting any treats soon. ;)

dr. maureen said...

my little Jake the Wonder Cat has decided that he needs to get up on the mantle over the woodstove in the dining room. he likes to wander up there among the breakables. however, my theory is that that is where the ashes of Kit and Bob Cat Murphy currently reside---so he's just communing with the spirits.

Nancy Evans said...

Oh, I'm sure Jake can sniff out his old buddies. Cats are like that. Hope your breakables aren't too expensive.

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Your cats must be like mine - unpredictable and with a mind of their own.
I've enjoyed reading your blog.