Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WINDING DOWN



Ten sure signs that summer is on its last legs:

1. I’ve packed away my swimsuit that I never got around to wearing in the first place.

2. There’s only one lively sunflower plant left in the yard.

3. When I went out riding on my bike Sunday afternoon, wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants, I didn’t get sweaty.

4. Big Bore and I are having serious discussions about what we want to plant in the yard next spring.

5. The fields of corn are no longer bold green. More like anemic yellow.

6. Everybody stand up for the kickoff! Football season has arrived!!

7. When I wake up at 6 AM, it’s still dark outside.

8. August is toast.

9. Halloween costumes and candy are already for sale. (Time to dig out my witch outfit from the bowels of the closet.)

10. What’s worse, Christmas catalogues are arriving in the mail.

Twenty-one days left and counting. Enjoy it while you can. We’ll all be whining about ice and snow before you know it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE this time of year! Not the ice that is to come, but the fall cool weather is great.

Good post, all those things are very true of the end of summer.