Monday, August 31, 2009

ZINNIAS ON PARADE

The past couple of years, I've been tossing zinnia seed out and about in the yard. Even though it has no sweet aroma, I like this flower because it has brilliant colors and lasts a long time. Very hardy. You get more bang for your buck, literally, and any dumb-dumb (as in me) can grow them. Here are some zinnias from our yard that have been hanging out all summer:

Purple Haze:
Orange Blossoms:
These big red soldiers stand watch over the begonias:
This little mix-and-match patch came up on its own, re-seeded from last year. Surprise!! We're back!!
Thank-you for attending my garden party. Time to go outside to dead-head the petunias and rose of sharon. Happy last day of August.

3 comments:

Dusti said...

After we get our siding up, after we paint our house, can you come and landscape for me???

Jaime said...

I love 'em! Very pretty!

Sarah said...

I have always LOVED zinnias. I really need to plant some seeds.