Tuesday, August 11, 2009

HOW DRY I AM....NOT


I’m drying out today after yesterday’s sudden cloudburst. Little Bit’s annual vet check was scheduled right as the rain and wind came pummeling across my turf and, as Mr. Dante Alghieri wrote hundreds of years ago, we were a Divine Comedy.

First off, the thunder and lightning scared the cat, so he’d gone into hiding somewhere in the house. We had to put out an all-points bulletin to round him up into the carrier, but, that finally done, I headed out into the storm with him. God forbid if we were late because I’d already been tardy earlier in the day with Fluffy’s appointment.

Little Bit was crying like a Banshee, wondering what the hell was going on, while I got the carrier all situated in the passenger seat of the car, and then I discovered, sonuva@#!, I’d left the window rolled down on the driver’s side, which was now soaked to the max. So….I sloshed back inside the house to get a comforter to put on the wet seat, sloshed back to car, and finally got out the driveway, wondering how in the heck I managed NOT to get struck by lightning or hit on the head by a fallen limb.

Once safely inside the vet clinic, drenched, but right on time, Bits and I were toweled down by one of the staff gals before his exam. The storm had stopped by the time we made the return trip home, thank god for small favors. Today, I’m drying out the front seat of the car, mopping up the console, and Bits is trying to recover from the indignity of having various items probed into his tender boo-tay. We've decided to adhere to the words of the lovely Miss Scarlett O’Hara, who once said so sassily, “Fiddlee-dee….Tomorrow is another day!”

3 comments:

dr. maureen said...

I...had...no...idea...Dante had a last name....live and learn

Nancy Evans said...

Yes, but like Elvis and Cher, the first name is the better known!

Sarah said...

Sorry but that was a funny story. ;) Glad you are dry now.