Sunday, August 30, 2009

LET'S FACE THE FACTS


About 15 months ago, my great nephew Bo set me up on a Facebook account so we could communicate silliness on the computer. Don't ask me how or why, but I now have 84 other "friends" who have come onboard this summer. Over half are former students who, when I formerly knew them, NEVER wanted an adult to have half a clue what they were up to, god forbid, but now many of them are intent on letting the entire world know their every movement, as in TMI, Too Much Information. I don't really want to hear about their over consumption of alcohol or what swear words they frequently use or what evil jerkwad they are dating. Such is life, though.

Some of my Facebook friends are into playing cyber games with weird names like Farkle, and Farm-ville, and Yo-ville. Many of these gamers are not former students but bona fide grown-ups who are closer to my age. Even my gynecologist is crazy for Farm-ville and is trying to create the biggest ranch around. I've actually tried to get hooked on these games since I am retired and have plenty of spare time to waste, but I just can't get into them. I'd rather be piddling outside, talking to my flowers. Or writing a blog.

One Facebook feature I occasionally check out are the dumb questionnaires, like "What Beatles Song Are You?" ("I Wanna Hold Your Hand") or "What State Are You?" (Alaska, because I'm adventurous; NOT because I'm big and cold). I was at my proudest moment, though, when taking the quiz called "What Wizard of Oz Character Are You?" The Wicked Witch of the West--hands down, no doubt. Hooray!!! I have the outfit and the evil persona. Now, if I can just find some cute flying monkeys to add to my menagerie.

The best news, however, is that right now my Facebook account is coming up in some sort of Japanese gobbledygook, so I can't even access it. I know how to correct this problem, but for now I'm just keeping these wacky, senseless letters on the screen. I'm okay with this glitch--temporarily. I figure this will save me a good 30 minutes a day when I won't be "forced" to check Facebook to see who is waking up or changing poopy diapers or being dumped by some woman-chasing man/pig. Inquiring minds HAVE to know.....



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol, you are too funny!! Guess the potty training updates sent you over the edge. lol