Thursday, August 13, 2009

FINISH LINE


Da dum! At long last, I have finally finished painting (four coats, no less) the kitchen cabinets! Oh, happy day! Joy, joy! Now I can remove the drop cloth and plastic risers from my office room and get the place back to semi-normal. I would like to thank Big Bore for his capable assistance in unscrewing, sanding, and screwing--he is much handier at wielding a drill than I--and to the cats for keeping the heck out of the way and not mucking up.

BB has admitted that he likes the brighter look in the kitchen after all--so much so that he now thinks I should paint the bathroom cabinets, as well. Not a bad idea, but I first have to get the kitchen totally done. Now that its walls and cabinets and countertops are all pretty blue and white, the brown vinyl flooring looks hideous, so this afternoon I'm beginning a quest to find the perfect blue tile. There's ALWAYS more to do!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

looks great. i really like the door handle things. great pick :)

Nancy Evans said...

The cobalt handles are knobs are glass jobbies I got on ebay. Their screws were silver, so I painted them white. MUST be coordinated, you know!

dr. maureen said...

looks mah-velous
too bad the blue pitcher didn't survive the trip to kansas from north carolina..

Nancy Evans said...

Yeah,M. but do you recognize the blue bottle in the background? It's Scott's Christmas light bottle!!

Kayle said...

Looks wonderful -- do you rent out? Have plenty of painting around here you could work on