Sunday, August 16, 2009

ON A ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH



Big Bore and I are operating in overdrive today, packing and getting ready to roll out for Colorado tomorrow morning. This year we've decided to "rough it" and pitch our tent for five days/nights rather than stay in a cabin as we've done the past two Colorado trips. (I took the pic above in 2006.) We're looking forward to kicking back under the pine tress and relaxing, hiking, and (BB only) fishing. Until next week, The Flaming Bore blog is on hiatus.

3 comments:

Bishops' Blog said...

Have fun!!!!! More power to you for camping in a tent! We grew up camping all the time until the night my sister got sprayed by a skunk....that was the start of staying in hotels and cabins. I guess I should call up my sister and thank her. :)

Nancy Evans said...

I am a camping veteran. Have had encounters with a racoon and bear and chipmunk but never a skunk. That might just do me in, too!

Sarah said...

I saw two skunks on a walk last night...lets hope you dont' see any! Enjoy your trip.