Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'M A DANDY LION

My war against weeds has returned!!

After I dug up all the evil bad guys in our yard today AND the neighbor’s adjoining yard, I had to bop downtown to the Garden Club’s garden to weed there. That was not enough, though. Oh, no! Then I went to the library with my trusty tools and weeded the garden area all around the building. And I wonder why my back aches much of the time. It’s because I’m all scrunched over waging a battle with the damned weeds!!

Big Bore says it would be much easier on my body if I’d just spray some sort of poison on the weeds, but I’m not a big fan of sprays. I’m always afraid I’ll inhale most of it and then I'll start wilting. Besides, I get a sense of power yanking up weeds. Alas, I may not be able to rule over world, but I can bully those dandelions into submission.

Yes, there is great satisfaction being Queen of the Yard Police. “Get your ass out of my lawn! Now!! ” I love it.

No comments: