Thursday, April 15, 2010

PICTURE THIS

A few months back Big Bore’s microwave oven bit the dust, but we were hesitant about replacing it--especially me. The new small ones don’t cost all that much, yet we thought we’d see how long we could go without buying a replacement. Did we really NEED one? The answer was no. Sure, they’re convenient but we kind of liked having the extra counter space, so we are still a micro-free kitchen.

The result was different, however, when my digital camera went kaput last week. Oh, my god! The world was coming to an end! When I went to see the relatives over the weekend, I had to borrow Big Sis’s camera, which was confusing since none of its buttons were in the same place as my busted camera’s buttons. I ended up taking one of the pictures in some movie format, and I still haven’t figured out a way to get a still shot out of it. Bummer.

Then, when I got back home on Monday I wanted to take pictures of the tulips in our yard. But, nooooooo, I didn’t have a working camera. Well, sonuva…. This called for action!! Those tulips don’t last long! So, when Connie the Library Director and I went to the big city the next day, we hit up Best Buy and I found a new and improved, as in working and more expensive, digital camera. Hooray! I’d soon be back in business.

Thankfully, the tulips waited for me. Once home, I read the camera's instruction booklet and dashed outside to my purple beauties. “We’re ready for our close-up!”

Lovely, aren't they? Microwave ovens could never do this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd be lost without my camera too. Glad you got yourself a replacement. Guess you won't be dining on micro popcorn anytime soon. lol

Those tulips are gorgeous.