Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ANTICIPATION

When Carly Simon wrote “Anticipation” way back in the “good ol’ days,” she was fantasizing about being back in the arms of a lover. Anticipation is consuming my mind this week, too, but in different ways, of course. There’s no chance in hell that Sweet Baby James (Taylor) will ever show up in my bed….

Check your calendars, all you grumpy despisers (like me) of winter and everything that is c-c-c-cold. Spring is officially only five days away!!!! I’ve been getting a head start this week, cleaning up my flower beds, pondering seed packets, digging up early weeds, and welcoming tulips and daffodils that are starting to poke through the ground. I gave Big Bore a yard tour yesterday, excitedly showing him where I was going to plant what. I left out the part about the heavy bags of rock and mulch that some big, strong guy is going to have to haul in for me. Hmmm.

Saint Paddy’s Day is tomorrow, so today I’ll be busy scrounging up a lovely green ensemble from the bowels of the closet. There’s only one item that I definitely know where to find: green flip flops under the bed!!! The rest will be a search and destroy mission. Especially the lovely plastic shamrock earrings. Where in the world are they?

KU and K-State play their opening rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament Thursday. Since I don’t have enough KU garb to satisfy my Jayhawk addiction, I plan to go to the big city tomorrow to track down a Big 12 Champions shirt--athough BB thinks we’re just going to have the car tires rotated and go to Lenscrafters. Little does he know what he’s in for.

Muffin is entering the sixth day of her hunger strike since her stone removal surgery. We’ve had her back to the clinic twice for hydration and blood tests. Everything indicates no problem. We’ve laid all sorts of food in front of her nose, and she just walks away from it in disdain, “keeping me waiting” so I can anticipate a huge vet bill. I wonder if Carly Simon ever owned a cat.

No comments: