Friday, March 26, 2010

A BAD REACTION

There’s a game show on GSN that I love to hate, and it’s called “Chain Reaction.” I’m not quite sure how to describe it in ten words or less, but it starts off with two words, top and bottom, and in between are mystery words that two teams of three people try to figure out, one letter at a time, to form a chain.

Now, what drives me absolutely bonkers about this game is that sometimes the contestants are totally clueless. Once the top word was PICK-UP and the word linked below it began with TR. The mystery word is obviously TRUCK, right, but the dingbat contestant says TRIP!! Pick-up Trip. Duh. This kind of goofy response happens ALL the time on this show, which makes me crazy.

Then, in the final round, the winning trio has to guess words a different way. Two players give one-word clue chains, back and forth in question form, and the third player has to guess the key word. Get five key words correct in 60 seconds, and they get an additional 5 thousand dollars. Here’s a simplified example of what I’m trying to describe:

Player 1-Who
Player 2-married
Player 1-Eve?
Player 3 answer-Adam

Now, here’s an actual example of how stupid the winning team was today:

Player 1-What
Player 2-animal
Player 1-has
Player 2-spots?
Player 3 answer-Zebra

“Zebra? ZEBRA? Oh, my god!” I choked on my lunch. How dumb can she be? Where do they dig up these people? Even a kindergarten reject would know the answer is: Leopard. My reaction to “Chain Reaction” is: Tie a chain around these dumbos, lock 'em up, and throw away the key! That'll get a BIG reaction.

No comments: