Friday, March 12, 2010

STONED


Not to be overshadowed by my famous kidney stone removal of two years ago, Miss Muffin Puffin Stuffin’ decided to have her own “kitty stone” extricated yesterday at the vet clinic. She didn’t whine and bitch and moan around as much as I did before the surgery, --nothing dramatic in the emergency room,-- but her post-surgical behavior is exactly like mine: “Get the the f*** out of here and leave me alone!” She’s been hiding in her carrier, sequestered in the laundry room, and refuses to eat or drink or even get hissy-pissy with the other cats. Poor baby. We wish her a speedy recovery and hope she’ll soon be back to her darling diva ways.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

HOW AWFUL!! try tempting her with "human" tuna warmed a little in the microwave....how did they go about getting the stone???

Nancy Evans said...

Oh, I've already tried the tuna---no luck yet. Well, the stone had moved down into the bladder area. She was cut open--about an inch and a half incision--and the bladder was laid aside in order to get to it. That's all I sort of know. I'll take a pic of the stone and email it to you.