Tuesday, March 23, 2010

THE SPIN ON LAUNDRAMATS

I have some comforters that need spring cleaning, but they’re too bulky for my washing machine, so recently I headed down to our town’s one and only laundramat to see if it might be in better condition than it was the last time I was there. That was in July--when I ended up at the local health department reporting the unsanitary conditions. Talk about a mess. I should have known I was walking into a toxic waste dump when I was greeted by a dirty diaper at the front door. It got worse from there, and I’ll spare the details of writing about it so I don’t get sick all over the computer keyboard. Suffice to say, my complaint was not the first and the laundramat was closed down by the health department until the manager cleaned up his/her own act.

Well, I was pleased to find that the place was no longer a pig sty when I walked in last week, BUT, here’s the kicker, not a single one of the front loading, heavy duty machines was working. All five of them had “Out of Order” notes stuck to them!! Geesh. What’s a girl gotta do around here to lead a stain-free life???? Big Bore suggests I just load up my comforters and Tide and go down to the river. Sadly, that's about the best that little jerkwater towns have to offer.

No comments: