Monday, July 9, 2012

FLOWER GIRL


Three months ago Sweet Neighbor Girl asked me if I had any spare flower seeds she could have.  I showed her a few envelopes I had laying around and she picked out the zinnias.  Off we went to plant them in the circle garden in her yard next to Casa de la Flaming Bore.  I divided them once they started sprouting, and she's been babying them along, with some watering help from her daddy.  

This morning she came over to tell me, "Come with me and close your eyes.  I have something to show you."

I took her hand and stumbled down the front steps, across my driveway, and into her yard.

"Okay.  Open your eyes!"


At long last....the zinnias are blooming!  Hooray!  They are all sorts of colors and come in stripes and solids. Lovely.  

I hope when Sweet Neighbor Girl is a Sweet Neighbor Lady to someone in the distant future, she will still have the joy of watching flowers grow and will have some extra seeds to pass along.   

No comments: