Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SMOOTH MOVE

Sweet Neighbor Girl was over bright and early yesterday with a birthday present and smile. She knows I'm big on yard art, so she got me some chimes with a metal butterfly, snail, and flower adorned on them. We found the perfect place to put them, and then she announced she was taking me out for lunch. I didn't want her spending that much of her hard-earned money, so I bargained her down a bit.

"How about we just go out for fruit smoothies?  There's a new place downtown that I hear has really delicious ones and I'd like to try them," I suggested. 

No argument there, so I told Big Bore we were going downtown to get a smoothie and we'd be back later. 

I got peach. SNG got strawberry, and those smoothies were just THE BEST.  We brought them home, played some cards, strung some beads--girl things--all the while, Big Bore was taking a nap since he'd gotten up super early to do some work for the neighbors. Shortly after SNG left, he was back among the walking and joined me in the living room.

"How was the movie?" he asked.

"Movie?" I was perplexed.

"Yeah, what movie did Amanda and you get?"

"What are you talking about?  We didn't get a movie."

"Well, you said you two were going downtown to get a movie," he said, sounding a bit a testy with me.


Then I started laughing.  "We didn't get a movie. We got a smoothie. Fruit smoothies. And they were totally fabulous. Why, that was the best peach MOVIE I ever saw."

As the old Cool Hand Luke saying goes: What we have around Casa de la Flaming Bore is a failure to communicate.

We're continuing the birthday celebrating tomorrow to see Cabaret Oldtown's show about music from the 1970s. No hearing aids required.  


1 comment:

Nancy Evans said...

Great comment, Kayle! I have a feeling you're speaking from experience. :)