Monday, July 2, 2012

SPLASH

When my nephew and his wife started house hunting last year, a swimming pool was not on their wish list but they ended up with one, anyway.  And, these hot Kansas days have made them sooooo glad. Especially me. 


At their pool party yesterday Maddie and I did all sorts of bogus "dives" off the board like:  The Frog, The Flamingo, The Godzilla, and Miss America Walks the Runway.  They all ended the same way...with a scream and feet-first landing.  Boomer had even more acrobatic moves.  He doesn't mind crashing into belly flops.  Wait till he's 62.

Then there were the big boys. Here are half of them.  I was disappointed that they didn't do a group cannon ball, but I guess it was all for the best that we kept the water IN the pool.

Back home today.  No relaxing, cool pool.  But the sprinkler is on in the backyard, so maybe I'll go make a few run-throughs before turning it off.




2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

was Rod the BOd there???

Nancy Evans said...

Ha-ha! Haven't heard that name in a L-O-N-G time! Stu-ball, Matheny,Gaylord,Chuck C. Makes me want to dig out my Swim Team robe...wherever it is! Do you suppose we'll see them competing at the Olympics?