Friday, February 6, 2009

MAN MISSING IN ACTION

Big Bore has been gone the past few days helping a friend cut wood and, if the truth be told, probably downing a few beers. He’s practically become a teetotaler in his old age, but I’m sure he could put away a few tomato brewskis if an arm was twisted.

The cats miss their master. My lap is not as soft and roomy as his, nor am I as generous with table scraps. What table scraps? I also don’t carry on lengthy, world-shattering discussions with them, like he does. I miss his conversation, too, awake or asleep, whichever.

There are two bonuses to his absence, however. Number 1: No washing dishes!!! There are none in the sink right now. Other than a cup for tea and a spoon for yogurt, everything I’ve eaten at home since he left has not required cooking, or even plates or bowls. The kitchen is in Rest and Recuperation mode whenever BB is gone. Ahhhhhh.

Number 2: I get sole custody of the TV remote. Big Bore is a channel surfer, which sometimes makes me go ballistic. Even if we’re both watching a show we’re totally absorbed by, when a commercial comes on, he’s gotta be cruising the airwaves to see what else is on. He thinks perhaps he'll find an episode of Sponge Bob Square Pants that he hasn't seen at least a dozen times. And then he never seems to get back to the program at hand on time. God forbid if I miss a syllable of Desperate Housewives or a breath of Jeopardy. I get downright desperate and my sanity is put into jeopardy, while he thinks my little snits are slap-happy hilarious.

Well, Big Bore will be back later today from his manly, wood-splitting adventure. His hair will be disheveled, his clothes filthy, and he’ll smell like he hasn’t bathed in two days. It's a guy thing, you know. And guess what will be the first thing out of my mouth besides a little smooch: “I missed ya.” ;)



















.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Guys and their manly survivorman adventures. While its nice to have them gone once in awhile, its also nice when they get home too. That is until they annoy the hell outa ya again and then you want to ship them off to the woods for a couple of days!

Jaime said...

Ditto to Tara ;) Sounds like it might be a feline fight for who gets the attention upon his return!

Better go sharpen your claws =)

Anonymous said...

You're hopeless and like men much more than I do. I fight getting attached to them at all as, like cats, they often wander off. God laughed at me and gave me a son. When my men come home they suffer from "Re-entry Sickness" Nothing sexual, gals, it's like the astronauts used to get. They come back in and try to boss you around again, grab the remote and wonder how you ever survived without their constant validation. Thought I fight it, I still miss them though but it's about day ten.