Monday, February 2, 2009

SOUPER SHOPPER

“Lady, you can’t have that!” Big Bore said loudly in his sleep last night. Our chatty snoozer was at it again, and I couldn’t resist talking back.

“Can’t have what?” I asked.

“That can of soup. It’s mine.” He was adamant about it, his voice strong.

Now, I know BB loves to grocery shop but I never knew his purchase power would reach subconscious, competitive levels.

Of course, when I told him about our brief overnight conversation, he had no recollection of this dream. But Big Bore, in his waking hours, is a soupy kind of guy. He buys the stuff by the case whenever it’s on sale. He also frequently buys the ingredients to whip up homemade vegetable soup, chili, and chicken noodle soup. On rare occasions, I’ll go grocery shopping with him, but I find it easier and safer to stay out of his way and let him have at it alone. I suggest all the ladies in his dreams do likewise.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the warning. ;)

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I bet his soup is tasty. I can't wait to hear more bore sleep conversations!

Jaime said...

Wow! Startin' beef over some soup! Now, that's some serious soup! I wonder what flavor it was??

Nancy Evans said...

GOOD QUESTION, JAIME, YOU PUNNY LITTLE GIRL. I SUSPECT THE FLAVOR HAD SOME HAM IN IT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Anonymous said...

My son gifted me with 682 cans of Campbell's soup last fall. With that and the box of 86 Vaggie burgers he sent me with my DIL, menu planning is a snap this winter.