Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CAN YOU STAND ANOTHER CAT TALE?


Our nice new neighbors adopted a stray kitty a few months ago. Their kids named it something cute like Princess, or Angel, or Precious. I’m not sure. It’s strictly an outdoors pet, but their garage has a little pet door it can use for shelter.

I don’t know why, but the precious Princess Angel plays and explores a lot in our yard, which is okay with us, but I’m hoping this won’t upset the little neighbor kids, and Big Bore and I are both hoping the cat won’t decide we are its caretakers. All we need is another fluff ball to feed.

Which leads to late last night--coolish and dampish--and guess who is curled up on one of our front porch chairs? Cute baby whatever her name is. BB starts feeling sorry for it, of course. He made a pallet for it in our garage, plucked her from the chair, and introduced her to a warmer sleepover spot. “Just for tonight,” he said.

“I betcha she’ll be right back in that chair before we even get back into the house,” I said. And she was.

This morning when I went out to get the newspaper, I was happy to see that she was no longer sleeping in the chair and had hopefully found her way back to where she belonged. But when I made it to the paper, there she was--running to me and meowing. Damn. I told her she needed to scoot home for breakfast, but she’s not listening. Heaven help us. Princess Angel is back on her throne.

2 comments:

Sara said...

My parents adopted a stray dog last summer and you would think it's a new sibling for Clint and me. Mom even lets it in the sun room when its cold and rainy which is a BIG step since we've never had an indoor pet!

Nancy Evans said...

Well, Sara, your parents have to fill that empty nest somehow! It's one lucky dog to have such a nice mom and dad.