Monday, October 26, 2009

COUNT ME IN


I have long been a fan of movies featuring the dashing bloodsucker, Count Dracula, so I was thrilled to once again view the 1979 version over the weekend. This one stars the mesmerizing Frank Langella, be still my throbbing heart (or neck, whatever the case might be). The first time I saw this movie, I was with amateur film critic The Library Lady. Not only did we swoon over Frank’s intense eyes and low sexy voice, but we also got all goosey about the length of his fingers.

During commercials of Saturday’s Dracula presentation, I enjoyed practicing my fake British accent, a la Miss Lucy, Drac’s bloody love interest in the flick. Sir Geoffrey, aka: Big Bore, eventually became weary of me gleefully repeating the same lines in the script over and over again, with different inflections each time, as in:

“Oh, FAH-thuh! Don’t be so ab-SUHD! I SAW the woooooooo-nds!”

“I’m going to pull my hair out if you keep saying that!” moaned Big Bore.

“OH, Sir GEOFF-rey! Quit BE-ing such a BOOOOOOOOOR!” I said back to him.

I think Halloween Movie Week on TV is quite a MAH-velous treat, but Big Bore thinks he could do without all my drama. He says it SUUUUUUUH-cks.

No comments: