Thursday, May 20, 2010

BRINGING OUT THE INNER GLEEK

In follow-up to yesterday’s musical blog, here’s photographic proof that I was once a high school Gleek, thanks to the 1966 Yellowjacket yearbook. This is our glamorous girls trio, (love those dainty, lady-like white gloves!) plus piano accompanist. I was the second soprano, lost in the middle, since the other two had great voices and could read music, both skills that I was lacking. ( I have blogged once before about my stellar singing career--see Sept. 9, 2009 entry). The only thing I had going for me was that I had a mouth and it was LOUD.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

now don't put yourself down! i remember many car radio duets!!

Nancy Evans said...

Yeah--you're loud like me, so we drowned each other out. Of course, your speciality was singing "Oh, Canada" at ice hockey games. :)