Saturday, June 12, 2010

CLANK

Last month when I went to the city office to pay the water bill and sweetly gritch about trashy trash about town, I also inquired about the Holy Grail of Sports and was directed to, da dum, a horseshoe pit!! Yes, indeed, hidden east of the old tennis courts and Turd Creek are two ancient, but functioning, stakes surrounded by sand. Big Bore and I cleared out the weeds and are in horseshoe heaven!!

Ever since I checked the rules and learned that I should be given a 10-foot “handicap” due to being a wimpy woman, my accuracy has been a tad better. I’m still losing to Big Bore, but the margin of defeat isn’t always as great as it used to be, and I’ve been checking out some websites from the “pros” to get tossing tips. I predict that before the official end of horseshoe season, whenever the heck that is, I shall enjoy the ringing taste of victory!

No comments: