Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DISSING MY DISH



“Oh, boy! Oh, boy! The season finale of ‘Glee’ is on tonight!” I announced to Big Bore yesterday morning while thumbing through the TV Guide. Not only that, but a new ‘Kathy Griffin Special’ would follow. Two hours of toe-tapping entertainment and naughty laughter. I couldn’t wait. To pass by the time, I would do yard work, more yard work, and then go down to the library to do---yard work. But all that squatting and back bending would be worth it at the end of the day when I settled down on the sofa at 8 PM to watch….the satellite dish crap out.

Yes, folks, at five minutes till 8 a storm arrived in our fair burg and 30 seconds into “Glee” the reception went on the fritz.

“Why does this ALWAYS happen?” I whined to BB. “I wait all day to watch my favorite shows, and POOF, the TV screen goes blank!”

“Oh, just be patient and it’ll be back on soon,” he consoled me But it wasn’t, and we whiled away the time and disappointment playing gin rummy. Fifty minutes into me winning every game, the picture on the TV mercifully reappeared during a crummy commercial, and we got to watch the final six minutes of “Glee.” Whoop-de-do.

Next up, Kathy Griffin. Maybe she would put me in a better mood. But, BAM, one minute into her ornery stand-up act, the satellite connection went out again! Sonuva$#@! “I can’t believe it!!”

Happily, the TV recovered much sooner than the previous show, and my bad mood subsided. We got to see most of Kathy do her schtik on Oprah, Sharon Stone, Pamela Anderson, and hoarders. BB laughed so loudly at Kathy imitating Oprah raving about eating “deep fried butter” that I wasn’t sure what was shaking the house--the thunder or him.

Well, the storms have finally blown over today and I’m getting ready to watch last night’s “Glee” finale on Fox Network’s website, thank god for large favors. If the Internet Service Provider blows a gasket and gets disrupted, though, I’m going to blow my own gasket and change the name of the show from “Glee” to “Royally Pissing Me Off.” Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Dusti said...

You are the biggest Gleek I know - but twice I have gone online and put the show on while I folded laundry or whatever - so you're also the most motivational! I'm always entertained - it's a fun show. We have NO TV though - a pain in itself at times - so I always rely on the Web. It's not the same as live, but works for a fix!