Thursday, July 8, 2010

THAT'S INCREDIBLE!

OMG! I have witnessed two certified miracles this week! Number one: After years of living in silence, my sweet one-eyed Fluffy, the Helen Keller of the Cat World, has found her voice. I’m flabbergasted! The other day while on the computer, I heard an unfamiliar cat meow. It was sort of like the same sound Little Bit makes when he’s getting it on with his Sponge Bob doll, but not as loud. Was I ever surprised when around the corner walks Fluffy, still making the noise, with an orange hair scrunchy gripped in her mouth. “Fluffy! You can speak! You can speak!” I suspect her motherly instincts kicked back in and she thought the scrunchy was a kitten. She deposited it at my feet and hasn’t said a word since, but at least we now know she can talk if she has something important to say. What a relief.

Miracle number two: I beat Big Bore at horseshoes! Oh, happy day! And he didn’t even let me win. By a score of 21-15, I am the new Bore family champion of the pits! I attribute my victory to checking out the website of pro horseshoe phenom Walter Ray Williams, who offered up some lessons on grip and delivery. Instead of a center grip, I have changed to a side grip with a half-twist swing delivery. What a difference it has made. Big Bore, gracious in defeat, was incredulous at my improvement, but when he tried it out, ka-plunk, it didn’t work for him, so he went back to the center grip. I can’t wait to get back to the pits to make sure this is not a once-in-a-lifetime fluke.

Here’s to another amazing day!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Hehe! I'm always uplifted after reading your blog!

You also have me intrigued by your one-eyed, fluffy cat! I had a one-eyed, fluffy tabby, who I loved dearly, & to my knowledge, was left with a neighbor when my dad moved out of Eureka. However, he was a neutered male, so surely it can't be the same one. His name was B.B., & he lost his eye to a rattle snake when we lived in Texas! :o

dr. maureen said...

Fluffy, you are such a chatterbox!! Does she not yell at you when it is mealtime? My guys are most vocal then.