Thursday, September 30, 2010

OOPS, THEY DID IT.....

Alas, my love affair with “Glee” has ended. A break-up is imminent. The Britney Spears “tribute” show Tuesday night was beyond horrid. A disaster almost as bad as when Brit, herself, had a head-shaving meltdown a few years back.

The set-up for some of the songs was lame--dream sequences during gassed-up dental appointments. And the horn dog reactions from one of the minor characters, frizzy-haired student gossip Jacob, were way over the top…like a clogged toilet bowl spewing forth poor acting into my living room. I came close to putting the plunger over his face to shut him up or, better yet, change channels. Fortunately, Coach Sylvester set off the fire alarm in the gym while the Gleekers were performing “Toxic,” causing a riotous student race to the exit, which ended the show before any more damage could be done by the equally toxic plot.

“Glee” needs to ditch these so-called tribute shows and get back to being driven by the characters and their story lines. Some decent musical scenes that aren’t certified sleaze material might help, too. Until then, my glee has turned to glum. (Okay, readers, go ahead and ask, "Why's a person your age watching "Glee" in the first place?)

2 comments:

momrdr said...

Okay....why?

Unknown said...

I agree. Although I liked it, I miss the story lines and such. Its starting to become rather a waste of time and more like I'm watching MTV retro music videos.