Monday, September 27, 2010

YOWL

Well, Big Bore says I’ve finally done it--I have officially driven him crazy. What, pray tell, could I, the sweet and innocent Flaming Bore, do that would cause such a drastic reaction from a human being, you ask? It’s my singing. Or, more specifically, my singing to our cat Fluffy.

You see, Fluffy and I have this “thing” going between us. She absolutely LOVES my horrible singing, as long as the lyrics have the word “Fluffy” in them about a jillion times. If we’re both in the living room, and I start singing to her, she instantly comes over to me and wants to be petted. This can go on for quite some time, until one of us grows weary of the game or until Big Bore can’t take it anymore--whichever comes first.

“It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the fact that it’s just this 4-note, triangular, non-tune, so-called song that is always out of key,” moans BB. “It’s terrible!”

“But Fluffy likes it,” I defend my warbling.

“Well, at least make it sound like something that won’t hurt my ears! And, while you’re at it, change the words now and then.”

I laugh. Okay. So, I have sort of run into the ground singing: “Fluffy, Fluffy, you’re so sweet. You’re so neat. You're the best kitty, Fluffy.”

I think Big Bore is just an old grumpy pie who doesn’t appreciate the finer musical arts. Truth be known, I really can carry a tune and he knows it, but it’s ever so much more fun to sing goofy to my cat and receive her purring nod of appreciation. Big Bore should be thanking me, as well. It takes a lot of hard work to sing this bad.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Time to get the old man some ear plugs LOL.

Tay and I tented it this weekend.. it was Great weather, a little cool in the mornings, but just perfect!