Thursday, December 8, 2011

AFTER SCHOOL PLAYGROUND

Sweet Neighbor Girl was so excited to see Big Bore's reaction to the missing Jelly Bellys (see Dec. 7 blog) that as soon as she got off the school bus yesterday she dashed over to Casa de la Flaming Bore to see if he'd blown a gasket. And do you know what? He actually thought it was funny and laughed at us for being such piggy girls while he was gone. So, we spilled the (jelly) beans and gave him the cup of watermelon and cantaloupe Jelly Bellys we'd saved aside for him before finishing off the rest of the ones we liked. I guess the joke was on us.

Next, we ALL went outside to decorate the trunk of our dearly departed spruce tree that kicked the bucket in the heat this past summer. This is the yard art "project" I alluded to in Monday's blog. There's nothing like ornaments hanging from branch stubs to add beauty to the block. Sweet Neighbor Girl's job was to unwind the garland, hand me ornaments, and keep me from falling off the ladder. Big Bore fashioned hangers out of a roll of wire and I did the royal hanging. It's not quite done--we developed a case of frozen fingers and stopped for the day--but I think this picture will give you an idea of of what a masterpiece we have in the making!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Almost as bad as Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree with the one bulb, but I think yours is a little more "festive"

Nancy Evans said...

Yes, it does have more than ONE bulb. The tree had been here so long that I just couldn't part with ALL of it.