Sunday, December 18, 2011

BANANA POWER

Hooray!!! A big shout out today to the Pittsburg State Gorillas football team for winning the NCAA-II championship yesterday. I've been Going Ape since my freshman year at Pitt in 1967. This will be a good excuse to purchase another Gorillas T-shirt that will get lost in my closet, don't you think? If I'm lucky, maybe a kind relative in Pittsburg will decide this would make a great Christmas gift.

The NCAA-I bowl games started yesterday, also. All 23 bajillion of them. Personally, I'd rather be watching KU basketball or the fiercest competition of them all--"Toddlers and Tiaras." When it comes to blood, sweat, and tears, I'm afraid the Gorillas wouldn't stand a chance against those ferocious little girls and their manic mamas.

May your Sunday be a winner!