Sunday, December 4, 2011

SPORTS MARATHON

Yesterday was Game Day at Casa de la Flaming Bore. Thankfully, Big Bore is away on a male bonding venture this weekend and wasn't around to harass me with the remote.

The late morning football game between K-State and Iowa State was rain-delayed, which made for some tricky viewing since it ended up starting around the same time as the Pitt State-Northwest Missouri game. Fortunately, the latter was on a webcam feed with NCAA.com, so I just went back and forth from the computer to the TV to watch both games simultaneously--which would have driven BB totally bonkers but made me happy, happy! Especially when both the home teams won!

Then it was on to the Kansas-South Florida basketball in the late afternoon. KU started out slowly but finally got it together in the second half for a 28-point win. Hey, we were 3 for 3!

The final game on my agenda, OU vs. OSU football, took up the evening viewing but it turned out to be a runaway snoozer--mainly because I fell asleep watching it during the second half. I think OSU ended up winning 40-something to 10.

Today I'm on another marathon but not of the sports kind. I'll be reading most of the day, starting off with the big city newspaper. I must find out about all the sporting events I watched yesterday, of course, and then puzzle over the puzzles for a few hours. After that, it's on to the book I'm reading--John Hart's latest novel, THE IRON HOUSE. A few years back, Dr. Maureen turned me on to him and I have subsequently passed on the favor to other reading friends.

It is sooooooo nice to be retired so I don't have to spend my weekends grading papers anymore. I can just kick back and veg out on sports and reading material all day long. Ahhhhhh! Here's wishing you an equally lazy day.

No comments: