Friday, December 23, 2011

GET WITH IT

When I woke up yesterday, I was all gung-ho to get lots accomplished around Casa de la Flaming Bore since it looks like a flaming mess. I started out the day by getting the washing machine in business, and then all my good intentions blew away with the blasted snow that was swirling down outside.

First off, Sweet Neighbor Girl came over to yippety yap ("I caught a snowflake on my tongue on the way over here!"), work a puzzle, color Christmas scenes, apply a hand softener treatment she gave me (is that a hint?), and comb Critter, who was in sheer kitty joy rolling all over the sofa on her back. That pretty much took up all morning. Then I spent the entire afternoon with my nose in a novel.

At some point along the line, I put the clothes in the dryer--where they remain because I spent all evening watching television. Finally, at 10 PM, I got my butt in gear and pedalled the recumbent bike--during time-outs and halftime of the KU basketball game. That was pretty much it for Dec. 22.

At 3:15 this morning, I was awakened by Big Bore getting into the medicine cabinet.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I feel like I'm coming down with norovirus."

Well, hearing that great news immediately made my own stomach twirl. If his feeling was correct, past experience told me that he'd be barfing within 60 seconds. Well, he went on back to sleep and then my ear went spazzy and I was wide awake. So, here I sit at the computer two hours later, Critter purring on my lap, contemplating what I will accomplish today that I should have done yesterday. The first thing on my list is: go back to sleep.

No comments: