Sunday, December 11, 2011

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Sweet Neighbor Girl and I have been on the countdown for a month now, and finally the big day has arrived. She's 9 years old today! Yesterday morning she was in such a ball of excitement that she just came on over in her flannel jammies. Luckily for her, Big Bore was baking her favorite: chocolate chip cookies! Oh, so good--straight out of the oven and dipped in cold milk! We played Match Game and plotted out what we'd be wearing to her Hawaiian-theme party today.

She was back over in her jammies again this morning for more cookies and some Family Feud. Her most profound proclamation was: "One more year and I'm in double digits!" Which got me to thinking that I'd be happy to donate some digits to her any time--a few decades worth, at least.

The party was chaos, of course. What can you expect with a dozen kids? Her mom deserves a war medal for valor. I stayed for a little over an hour and then said, "Aloha." I'm sure SNG will be over later with some leftover cake crumbs and a report on all her birthday presents. Till then, I'm going to take off my hula gear and get some R and R.

No comments: