Tuesday, January 22, 2008

AND THE NOMINEE IS.....


Last weekend Mom Bore and I were driving to Independence, so we had plenty of time for quality conversation, such as why we liked Howie Mandel as host of "Deal or No Deal" and what the heck was going on with the plot of "Desperate Housewives." Finally, I turned the topic to something of a more serious nature: the race for the presidency of the United States.


"Who are you supporting for president?" I asked.


"Well, you know who I really want is George Clooney," she said sincerely.


"George Clooney isn't even running, Mom! He's an actor," I laughed.


"Oh, but he's so cute. And don't you like his voice? No one else has a voice like George Clooney. It's so unique. Can you think of anyone else with a voice like his?" Mom asked.


"Well, I guess not, but that doesn't exactly make him presidential material," I countered.


"You know who I really want for president?" Mom asked, without waiting for my response. "Al Gore. He was robbed the last time around!"


"But, he's not running, either, Mom," I said.


"Well, he should. Those Bushes just robbed him. And I'm not going to vote for Hilary, either. She's just a big fake," Mom said, getting more worked up.


So, what do you think of the "American Idol" try-out shows?






4 comments:

Sarah said...

I could stare at Clooney all day.

Nancy Evans said...

I think Mom shares your sentiments. She's 83 and hot for Clooney!

Anonymous said...

I personally would vot for Trace Atkins just based on his voice. And then there is the rest of him!

Nancy Evans said...

Is Trace Atkins that cowboy on The Apprentice, Celebrity Edition? (watching too much TV, I know!) If so, yes, he has a great voice. I haven't looked at his body parts, but maybe I should!