Sunday, January 27, 2008

A MIDWINTER AFTERNOON'S DREAM

Ah! Winter was interrupted yesterday! The snow and ice relented to a sky full of sunshine, the wind was at a whisper, and the temperature soared to the mid-50s. I was overjoyed. After cleaning house all morning and then watching KU's basketball team blow Nebraska out of Lawrence, I put on my sweats, laced up the Nikes, and took off for my first long walk/jog of 2008. It was just what I needed to shake away the cabin fever and recharge my batteries. Five miles around the outskirts of town...walk/jog/walk/jog...a relaxing pace. Before long, the tension in my head was released and the pesky clicking in my bad right ear started to subside. I felt like a new person. I hope to do it all over again later today.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am loving this warm weather! We too have had some walks this weekend. I plan on getting out today too.

Enjoy.

Unknown said...

Warm weather?? Geesh must be nice kids!! Its been snowing here all weekend long and too cold to take Kenley outside. The wind pierces through your skin like a knife. Enjoy your walks and the outdoors. I will watch from the window!

GLADYS ANNE said...

Warm weather? Warm weather? Did
someone say something about the
temperature rising outside? Does
that mean the rains will finally
come this year, and I can wash my
filthy car and maybe take a short
trip to the lake as soon as it
fills up again???

Nancy Evans said...

Ok, Tara, you DO live in Canada! It probably won't get warm there until July.