Monday, May 2, 2011

COLD SHOULDER



Big Bore and I got into a bit of a row the other morning. It went something like this:

Me: Guess why I couldn't sleep well last night.

BB: Your ear was buzzing?

Me: No. Because I was freezing. You wanna know why I was freezing?

BB: Because somebody left the windows open?

Me: That, plus somebody turned off the heat. Hmmm. Who could that somebody be?

BB: (silence)

Me: Don't you know that one of the Ten Commandments is: "Whosoever turns off the central heating and opens the windows shall turn the heat back on and close the windows before going to bed." ?????

BB: Thou should put-est on more clothes.

Me: Look at me! I have on sweats! And I was still freezing! "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." If you open 'em, close 'em. If you turn it off, turn it back on. That's not too much to ask. Amen.

No since arguing with me when I have God on my side. Everyone around here will be MUCH happier when warmer nights finally arrive. And they'll sleep better, too.








No comments: