Thursday, May 26, 2011

THINGS THAT GO "KA-BUMP" IN THE NIGHT

I typically stay up later at night than the little man of the house. He's usually in the sack between 9-10 PM, while I'm an 11-midnight kind of girl. I try to be semi-quiet, turning down the TV and shutting the bedroom door. I'm a considerate person--most of the time. But last night was an exception.

At 10 PM I needed to take a spazzy ear pill, and the pill bottle was in my big ol' denim feedbag in the bedroom. So, I tippy-toed in, not wanting to wake up Big Bore, grabbed the bag off the bed--and proceeded to open it upside down. ALL the contents (and there was LOTS) spilled out--loudly. Ooops! I fumbled for the pills. Then I started laughing. Then I had to pee. Badly. Then I ran to the bathroom, barely making it on time.

Meanwhile, somebody woke up. I can't imagine why. BB mumble-jumbled some words; I'm not sure what he said. I apologized, still laughing. "I'm a goof. Sorry. Go back to sleep." Then, as I walked back through the bedroom, I tripped on the denim feedbag and stumbled out. By the time I got back to the TV program I'd been watching, I had no idea if I'd ever taken the blasted pill!

No comments: